Thursday, October 10, 2019

Music on my Mind


I've always let music guide me on my adventure. It gives me the strength to push forward. I love the way it sounds when I'm on the right path. It has a way of speaking to me. Giving me a new song or a different perspective on an old song. Each song on my playlist reminds me of a moment or maybe even a person. 

Studies have shown that listening to music stimulates parts of the brain that enhances memory. As a child I suffered an early life changing event that traumatized me for years. The only thing I could remember from my childhood was being terrified of  "Tales of the Crypt"  just the theme song.
I could never really figure out why it scared me until I was 25.

 My Grandpa described an early childhood home of mine. Instantly!! like a wave I remembered the entire incident. During the most critical moment the theme song was playing. The odd thing is music always has a weird way of doing that to me. In good times, bad, life changes, depression,working out, or even that extra confidence boost before giving your presentation. Its always there when I need it most. Music is totally the boyfriend of my dreams. <3

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you draw strength from listening to music :-) Tales of the Crypt, I remember that show, especially the goofy and creepy host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always had that feeling of a song going through my head I never really thought about it till you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music is a good thing to relax people in there mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does makes sense because there is certain songs that give me different memories. Some good also some bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand because i cannot really clean my house unless there is music on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I listen to music, it puts me in a good mood all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think music is part of everyone's life. I don't know what i would do without it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's good music for everything I love it.

    ReplyDelete